AT TEAMWALKING, WE WANT YOU TO EXPERIENCE THE OUTDOORS IN A SAFE AND ENJOYABLE WAY.
Part of the attraction of valley, hill and mountain walking is the challenge of tackling different terrains, landscapes and weather conditions. Every effort is made to minimize potential hazards; however, the very nature of hill and mountain walking involves a certain level of unavoidable risk of accident and/or injury. By taking part in this activity, you are aware of and accept these risks.
All walks are tailored specifically for each group according to your needs, aspirations, experience and average fitness levels. However, a reasonable level of fitness is required as the natural environment can be demanding at times
All of our guides hold the Mountain Leader award as a minimum, and all guides are fully insured and first aid trained.
Almost all of our walks are suitable for all ages. Under 18s (minimum age 14) may attend if accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The child must be accompanied at all times during the walk by their parent/legal guardian. Our ‘pub themed’ walks are only suitable for over 18s.
TeamWalking provides the walking activities only. All participants must provide their own travel and accommodation.
We ask ALL participants to carefully read through the Consent Form, which contains our Terms and Conditions, as well as the relevant Webpage , Walk/Course Overview and Confirmation Email then complete the Consent Form in full and return it to us by email. By doing so, the participant confirms that they have read, understood and accepted the Terms and Conditions and are fully aware of the type of activity they have chosen to take part in.
When booking online via the TeamWalking online shop, you will be asked to read our Terms and Conditions before proceeding to Checkout. It is your responsibility to ensure you have read and understood our Terms and Conditions before making your booking.
The Terms and Conditions must be read in conjunction with the relevant Confirmation Email, Webpage, Walk or Course Overview (if applicable), which gives more details of the chosen activity; together the Consent Form, Confirmation Email, Webpage, Walk or Course Overview (if applicable) form the contract between us.
The contract shall be formed once payment has been received and we have sent you a confirmation email; once this has happened then you are bound by our Terms and Conditions.
Please note that any agreement between us will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and, by booking a walk with us, you agree to this and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Transfers, Cancellations and Refunds Policy
Transfer of Bookings – If you are not able to attend your chosen walk and would like to rearrange, then you can request a Transfer of Booking (transfer). All Transfer of Bookings must be requested and confirmed in writing by email, text or post, and must be confirmed and paid for at least 1 day prior to the original walk date. Only one Transfer of Booking is permitted; if you have already transferred your booking to a new date and wish to cancel, then there are no refunds or further transfers permitted; a new booking must be made. If you wish to transfer onto a different walk that has a higher price, then these transfer fees apply plus any price difference (if applicable). No refunds will be given for transfers onto walks of a lower price. The transfer fees are quoted as a % of the original price paid for the walk. Transfers are subject to the following fees, payable at the time of transfer:
- Within 14 days from the date you paid for your booking (‘date of booking’) – free transfer
- From 15 days from date of booking up to and including 31 days before the walk – 10% transfer fee
- From 30 days before the walk up to and including 15 days before the walk – 25% transfer fee
- From 14 days before the walk up to and including 8 days before the walk – 50% transfer fee
- From 7 days before the walk up to and including 1 day before the walk – 75% transfer fee
- Notification on the day of the event or non attendance of the event – no transfer available
Cancellations – All cancellations and refunds must be requested and confirmed in writing by email, text or post (your refund will be sent to you within 14 days). Cancellations are subject to the following refunds:
- Within 14 days from the date you paid for your booking (‘date of booking’) – full refund
- From 15 days from date of booking up to and including 31 days before the walk – 75% refund of the cost of the walk.
- From 30 days before the walk up to and including 15 days before the walk – 50% refund of the cost of the walk.
- From 14 days before the walk up to and including 8 days before the walk – 25% refund of the cost of the walk.
- From 7 days before the walk up to the day of the walk, notification on the day of the walk or non attendance of the walk – No refund.
- If you have already transferred your booking to a new date and wish to cancel, then there are no refunds or transfers for bookings that have already been transferred.
- TeamWalking’s liability is limited to the cost of your chosen walk only. We strongly recommend you have adequate travel insurance in case of cancellation.
TeamWalking Cancellation – the walk may be cancelled by the Walk Leader at any time prior to the walk due to illness of the Walk Leader, Government advice or law, adverse weather conditions or forecast or any other force majeure. The decision to cancel the walk lies solely with the Walk Leader. In the event of cancellation by the Walk Leader, then TeamWalking’s liability is limited to the cost of your chosen walk only. We recommend you have adequate travel insurance in case of cancellation. If the event is cancelled by the Walk Leader then you will be offered the following options:
- Free transfer onto another scheduled walk advertised on our website.
- Receive a credit note to be redeemed within 12 months against any advertised walk.
- Receive a full refund.
COVID-19 – To prevent the spread of infectious diseases, such as Covid-19, please do not attend if…
- You have had a positive Covid-19 test in the previous 10 days, and are still testing positive after Day 5.
- You have any Covid-19 symptoms (including generally feeling unwell, fatigue, sore throat, cough, fever, headache, loss of or change in your sense of taste or smell.
Dogs – we are very sorry, but we do not accept dogs on any of our courses or walks. This is due to ground-nesting birds, cattle and livestock, terrain and weather, other group members, members of the public and other dogs. We have also, sadly, experienced a number of incidents in the past where people’s dogs have chased sheep, attacked other dogs and barked/lunged at members of the group/public and so we have made the decision not to accept dogs in the interests of health, safety and enjoyment of all participants. Registered assistance dogs are always welcome.
View our TERMS & CONDITIONS
View our CONSENT FORM
View our OPERATING PROCEDURES
View our RISK ASSESSMENTS
View our COVID RISK ASSESSMENT
View our ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
View our PRIVACY NOTICE
Activity & Site Specific Risk Assessments available upon request
Mark Reid T/AS TeamWalking
12 Wheatlands Grove, Harrogate, HG2 8JH
Insurers (Public Liability) – SportsCover valid until 20/05/24
Mountain Leader Candidate Number (Mark Reid) – 136445
First Aid Certificate (Outdoor First Aid) – valid until 07/11/24
ICO (Data Protection) Registration – ZB187826