1-day Guided Mountain Hikes Scafell Pike, Lake District
With Mark Reid FRGS – author of ‘The Inn Way’ guidebooks & Mountain Leader
NB: we are currently unable to provide any outdoor clothing or kit.
Reach the summit of Scafell Pike – England’s highest mountain – with an experienced Mountain Leader. Our walks start at Seathwaite (Borrowdale) and follow the very best route to the top of Scafell Pike, England’s highest mountain, via Esk Hause, Great End, Broad Crag, the Corridor Route and Styhead Tarn.
Experience the thrill of the mountains, with spectacular views, dramatic landscapes and a real sense of achievement as you reach the summit.
- Experience the thrill of the mountains
- Walk in confidence with a Mountain Leader
- Learn new mountain skills along the way
- Small group sizes (max. 8 per walk)
- Enjoy a full day’s walking along a classic mountain route
OUTLINE OF THE DAY
9:30am: Meet at Seathwaite (Borrowdale) to discuss the day ahead
10am – 5pm: Full day’s mountain hike to the summit of Scafell Pike, England’s highest mountain (approx. 10 miles)
5pm: Debrief back at Seathwaite, then head home.
NB: All timings are approximate
MARK REID is the author of 17 walking guidebooks including ‘The Inn Way’ series. He is a qualified Walking Group Leader, Hill & Moorland Leader and Mountain Leader, and has an unrivalled knowledge of the history and geography of the North of England. Mark has a BA (Hons) Geography degree from the University of Lancaster and is a Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society (FRGS). Mark Reid has walked over 22,000 miles of footpaths over the past 23 years, and has taken over 12,000 people out walking in the countryside. Mark has appeared on ITV YORKSHIRE on the TV walks series ‘A Breath of Fresh Air’ along with ITV weatherman Jon Mitchell, as well as ITV1’s The Dales.
EXPERIENCE, FITNESS & INFORMATION
- No previous experience required as full training and guidance will be given.
- A good level of fitness is required as the walks will be demanding and will include steep and mountainous terrain. This is a physically demanding full day in the mountains.
- All walks will include uneven ground, rough and mountainous terrain, stream crossings, steep ground and mountain summits; we may experience adverse weather conditions.
- The walk will include some sections of scrambling (hands on rock) up some rock steps, as well as prolonged stretches across boulders and broken ground, with several steep sections.
- We are fully insured (public, civil & professional indemnity insurance)
- All of our instructors are fully qualified and experienced Mountain Leaders
- So far, we have taken over 12,000 people out walking, and have a wealth of experience dealing with all ages and abilities.
- Part of the attraction of valley, hill and mountain walking is the challenge of tackling different terrains, landscapes and weather conditions. Every effort is made to minimize potential hazards; however, the very nature of hill and mountain walking involves a certain level of unavoidable risk. of accident and/or injury By taking part in this activity, you are aware of and accept these risks.
- Our walks are suitable for all ages. Under 18s (minimum age 14) may attend if accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The child must be accompanied at all times during the walk by their parent/legal guardian.
- Terms and Conditions