Yorkshire Three Peaks guided mountain challenge walk
With Mark Reid author of ‘The Inn Way’ guidebooks & Mountain Leader
Whernside – Ingleborough – Pen-y-Ghent
40 km (25 miles) – 1,600 metres of ascent – 12 hours
Let us guide you round the Yorkshire Three Peaks, one of England’s greatest challenge walks!
It is a demanding and strenuous walk that must be approached with preparation and training, but it is also an extremely rewarding walk that will be remembered for many years. The views from the summits are breath-taking, and the landscapes you will be walking across are beautiful.
Mark Reid has walked the Yorkshire Three Peaks as a single day challenge walk over 40 times and knows the area like the back of his hand. Mark will guide you around this route (all 40-km of it), so that you can forget about navigating your way round and enjoy the experience, views and landscapes instead!
This guided Yorkshire Three Peaks walk is designed for solo or small groups of walkers who want to take on the Three Peaks challenge, but don’t want to worry about route finding.
- Fully guided walk with two Mountain Leaders, including Mark Reid
- Experience the camaraderie of walking the Three Peaks with other like-minded walkers
- Share your sense of achievement on each summit and also at the end with your fellow walkers
- Raise money for your own chosen charity, if you wish
- Small group sizes – maximum 16 people per walk (two guides)
- You are GUARANTEED not to get lost on our Three Peaks walk!
OUTLINE OF THE DAY
6.45am: Meet at Ribblehead
7am – 7pm: Fully guided walk around the Yorkshire Three Peaks
7pm: Well deserved celebratory drink at the Station Inn, Ribblehead
NB: As we will be walking as a group, the finish time is approximate and may be anytime between 6pm and 9pm (11 to 14 hours of walking) depending on the pace of the group, weather conditions etc.
MARK REID is the author of 17 walking guidebooks including ‘The Inn Way’ series. He is a qualified Walking Group Leader, Hill & Moorland Leader and Mountain Leader, and has an unrivalled knowledge of the history and geography of the North of England; he also has a BA (Hons) Geography degree from the University of Lancaster. Mark Reid has walked over 20,000 miles of footpaths over the 20 years, and has taken over 10,000 people out walking in the countryside. Mark has appeared on ITV YORKSHIRE on the TV walks series ‘A Breath of Fresh Air’ along with ITV weatherman Jon Mitchell, as well as ITV1’s The Dales.
EXPERIENCE, FITNESS & INFORMATION
- This is a long distance challenge walk that covers 40-km in a single day, with 1,600m of ascent that is usually completed in 12 hours, although it may take anywhere between 11 and 14 hours to complete. It is a long, strenuous and demanding walk, with boggy, steep and mountainous terrain in places as well as high ground across three mountain summits (Pen-y-ghent 694m; Whernside 736m and Ingleborough 724m).
- Training and preparation for this long distance challenge walk are essential. A good level of fitness and stamina will be required to complete this walk.
- Successful completion of this walk will depend upon your own level of fitness, stamina and preparation, as well as good fitting boots and no minor injuries along the walk, such as blisters, pulled muscles or sore knees etc. By taking part in this guided walk, you understand and accept the risks involved in undertaking a long distance mountain challenge walk. Participation of this guided walk is no guarantee of successful completion.
- We can provide full outdoor walking gear, including waterproof jackets, trousers, fleeces, rucksacks, gloves and hats.
- We are fully insured (public, civil & professional indemnity insurance)
- All of our instructors are fully qualified and experienced Mountain Leaders
- Mark Reid has walked the Yorkshire Three Peaks over 40 times, and so knows the route like the back of his hand!
- So far, we have taken over 10,000 people out walking, and have a wealth of experience dealing with all ages and abilities.
- Part of the attraction of valley, hill and mountain walking is the challenge of tackling different terrains, landscapes and weather conditions. Every effort is made to minimise potential hazards; however, the very nature of hill and mountain walking involves a certain level of unavoidable risk of accident and/or injury. By taking part in this activity, you are aware of and accept these risks.
- Our walks are suitable for all ages. Under 18s (minimum age 14) may attend if accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The child must be accompanied at all times during the walk by their parent/legal guardian.
- Terms and Conditions