BESPOKE ADVENTURE DAYS Yorkshire Dales or Lake District
With Mark Reid FRGS – author of ‘The Inn Way’ guidebooks & Mountain Leader
NB: we are currently unable to provide any outdoor clothing or kit.
Book a bespoke adventure day with Mark Reid, a highly experienced Mountain Leader & Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society.
Mark will tailor the day just for you.
Our Bespoke Adventure Days allow you to choose exactly what you would like to experience from the day, as well as where and when you’d like to do it, so you can get the most from your day in the Great Outdoors.
Our Bespoke Adventure Days are ideal for individuals, couples or small groups of friends or family.
Join us for a fantastic hiking adventure in the sweeping valleys of the Yorkshire Dales or awe-inspiring mountains of the Lake District, our Bespoke Adventure Days are an ideal choice for small groups of family or friends who wish to share outdoor experiences with each other.
Choose from any of our Outdoor Adventures…
- Walking Weekends
- Wild Camping trips
- Backpacking trips
- Mountain Hikes
- Challenge Walks
- Multi-day long distance walks
Mark will tailor the day just for you, so just get in touch and he’ll organise it for you.
Bespoke Outdoor Adventures
- Choose from locations in the Lake District or Yorkshire Dales
- Private groups of friends or family
- Pre-course planning and briefings via Zoom
- Walks personally led by Mark Reid, a highly experienced Mountain Leader.
OUTLINE OF THE DAY
Evening before: 1 hour ZOOM meeting to discuss the day, essential kit, weather, aims and objectives etc.
9:30am: We meet at an arranged location. Gear and weather check, then head off for the day.
9:30am – 5pm: Full day’s outdoor adventure with Mark Reid. The walk will usually cover around 6 – 10 miles over the day (more for challenge walks), with plenty of rest stops and time to engage with and learn about the natural environment. The terrain will be dependent on the type of adventure you choose, from verdant valleys and dales on our walking weekends to rocky mountains on our Wild Camping trips.
MARK REID is the author of 17 walking guidebooks including ‘The Inn Way’ series. He is a qualified Walking Group Leader, Hill & Moorland Leader and Mountain Leader, and has an unrivalled knowledge of the history and geography of the North of England. Mark has a BA (Hons) Geography degree from the University of Lancaster and is a Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society (FRGS). Mark Reid has walked over 22,000 miles of footpaths over the past 23 years, and has taken over 12,000 people out walking in the countryside. Mark has appeared on ITV YORKSHIRE on the TV walks series ‘A Breath of Fresh Air’ along with ITV weatherman Jon Mitchell, as well as ITV1’s The Dales.
EXPERIENCE & FITNESS
- No experience is required for most of our adventures as full guidance will be given.
- This Bespoke Adventure day is suitable for individuals, couples or private groups.
- All walks are tailored specifically for each person or small group according to your needs, aspirations, experience and fitness levels. However, a reasonable level of fitness is required as the natural environment can be demanding at times.
- We usually cover around 6 – 10 miles over the course of the day (more for challenge walks), and there will be plenty of rest stops to learn new skills. The terrain we will be walking across will include uneven ground, rough terrain, stiles, stream crossings, fields, moorland, hills, mountains and valleys, tracks and lanes, as well as a number of ascents and descents; we may experience adverse weather conditions.
- We are fully insured (public, civil & professional indemnity insurance)
- All of our instructors are fully qualified and experienced Mountain Leaders
- So far, we have taken over 11,500 people out walking, and have a wealth of experience dealing with all ages and abilities.
- Part of the attraction of hill walking is the challenge of tackling different terrains, landscapes and weather conditions. Every effort is made to minimize potential hazards; however, the very nature of hill walking involves a certain level of unavoidable risk or accident and/or injury. By taking part in this activity, you are aware of and accept these risks.
- Our courses are suitable for all ages. Under 18s (minimum age 14) may attend if accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The child must be accompanied at all times during the activity by their parent/legal guardian.
- Terms and Conditions