Thank you for choosing TeamWalking for your Corporate Team Event.
- This Consent Form must be completed by the participant.
- A Parent or legal guardian must complete this Consent Form for under 18s.
- Please complete all sections.
- All information will be treated in confidence.
NEED TO BORROW SOME OUTDOOR GEAR?
We can provide the following outdoor gear, free of charge.
- Waterproof outdoor jacket (S – XL)
- Waterproof over-trousers (S – XL)
- Fleeces (S – XL)
- Waterproof gloves (S – XL)
- Warm hat
- Walking boots (sizes 4 – 12)
We recommend you wear your own walking boots if you have them.
Please fill out your requirements below.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Hill & Mountain environment – Valley, hill and mountain walking are adventurous activities with a risk of accident, personal injury or death. Part of the attraction of valley, hill and mountain walking is the challenge of tackling different terrains, landscapes and weather conditions; indeed, risk is often an integral part of the activity. Every effort is made to minimise potential risks & hazards; however, the very nature of valley, hill and mountain walking involves a certain level of inherent and unavoidable risk of personal accident and/or injury. The most common accident and/or injury in the outdoors include slips, trips and falls, as well as personal injury such as blisters, strained muscles, scratches & stings, sunburn, getting cold and varying degrees of personal discomfort due to weather/ground conditions (these are just examples and is not an exhaustive list). Of course, more serious accidents/injuries may occur due to the natural environment (steep, uneven, rocky, wet, slippery ground), personal health issues and extreme weather conditions. By taking part in this activity, you are aware of and accept these risks.
- All walks will involve a varying degree of uneven & rough terrain, muddy/rocky/wet ground, fields, riverside, woodland, remote open country, high ground, hills, moorland and mountainous terrain, stiles, stream crossings, roads and lanes, farms and livestock as well as a number of ascents/descents, some of which may be steep and sustained.
- Weather – We may encounter adverse weather conditions on the walk, such as strong winds, rain, mist, fog, sunshine (harmful UV), heat or cold. We may also encounter darkness and/or poor visibility. These conditions are an inherent part of outdoor activities, but may lead to varying levels of personal discomfort, such as getting cold and wet. The Walk Leader will continuously monitor weather and ground conditions, and dynamically manage the route chosen during the day to suit the group’s needs.
- The pre-planned routes may be subject to change whilst on the walk due to adverse weather conditions, pace of the group, fitness and ability levels, accidents or injuries etc. In extreme circumstances the walk may be terminated. Once the walk has commenced then any such changes to the preplanned walk are deemed to be part of the event. The decision to change or terminate the walk lies solely with the Walk Leader.
- Walking and outdoor activities can be strenuous. Never underestimate the strenuous nature of walking particularly when this is combined with the natural environment, hill and mountainous terrain and the elements.
- Mark Reid or his freelance Mountain Leaders (Walk Leaders) accept no responsibility for personal accidents or injury or for loss or damage to personal effects unless caused by their negligence as Walk Leaders. We strongly recommend you have adequate personal insurance cover for accident or injury, as well as travel insurance in case of cancellation.
- All participants must take heed of any safety information, guidance or hazard warnings given by the Walk Leader during the pre-walk briefing or whilst on the walk.
- Fitness and Experience – Our walks require no previous hill-walking experience as full guidance will be given; walks are ‘pitched’ according to the experience and average fitness levels of the group. A reasonable level of fitness and ability is required as the natural environment can be demanding at times.
- All participants must provide full, complete and accurate information on their Booking Form, including any medical conditions, special requirements, allergies and/or recent illnesses; participants must inform the Walk Leader of any changes to their personal information (including medical information) that have occurred between signing their Booking Form and the day of the walk.
- All participants must provide suitable outdoor footwear, preferably walking boots, with sturdy cleated soles and ankle support.
- The Walk Leader reserves the right to refuse to take a participant whom they consider will be unable to complete the planned activity, is wearing unsuitable clothing, ignores direct safety instructions from the Walk Leader or whose behaviour falls below an acceptable standard that puts others within the group at risk.
- Alcohol, smoking – As this is an Adventurous Activity in a natural environment then we operate a no alcohol and no smoking policy during the activity.
- Dogs – You are welcome to bring a well-behaved dog with you on some of our courses and walks. Your dog MUST be insured, wormed and kept on a lead at all times. Some of our courses/walks are not suitable for dogs, due to ground-nesting birds, livestock, terrain etc. You must have permission from us before the course/walk in order to bring your dog with you. Registered assistance dogs are always welcome.
- Accommodation, Food & Travel – You must book and pay for any accommodation, food and/or travel (the ‘service provided’) directly yourself. The contract for the service provided is between the person making the booking and the service provider.
- The event may be cancelled by the Walk Leader within 48 hours of the event due to adverse weather conditions or forecast. If the event is cancelled by the Walk Leader then the event will be rescheduled for another date. The decision to cancel the event lies solely with the Walk Leader. In the event of cancellation by the Walk Leader, then TeamWalking’s liability is limited to the outdoors activity only. We recommend you have adequate travel insurance in case of cancellation.
- Under 18s. Under 18s (minimum age 14) may attend if accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Your child must be accompanied at all times during the activity by you as their parent/legal guardian, and must be within sight and sound of you during the activity. You as the parent/legal guardian are responsible for your child at all times; TeamWalking does not act ‘in loco parentis’ at any time.
- Please note that any agreement between us will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and, by booking a walk with us, you agree to this and submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
This Booking Form, Terms and Conditions and relevant Walk or Course Overview form the contract between us.
TeamWalking, 102 Leeds Road, Harrogate, HG2 8HB. UPDATED 23rd January 2019