CHRISTMAS PUB WALKS IN THE YORKSHIRE DALES
With Mark Reid author of ‘The Inn Way’ guidebooks & Mountain Leader
This December why not enjoy a morning’s winter walk exploring the beautiful Yorkshire Dales with Mark Reid as your walking guide, and then return to a lovely country pub for a 2-course Christmas lunch?
Mark has exceptional local knowledge, and will share the history, heritage and geography with you whilst on the walk, with a mid-morning hot mulled punch and mince pies break on the hillside!
Our Christmas Pub Walks are leisurely, sociable, enjoyable and fun, topped off with Christmas lunch in a great country pub!
OUR 2020 CHRISTMAS WALK WILL BE BASED FROM…
Kings Arms, Askrigg, Wensleydale, Yorkshire Dales
The Kings Arms is an historic coaching inn in the heart of this beautiful village, with high ceilings adorned with saddle-hooks, a huge inglenook fireplace and a cosy atmosphere that makes this the perfect winter pub. The pub was famously featured as the Drovers Arms in the TV series ‘All Creatures Great and Small’. Please note: the Kings Arms does not offer accommodation, but there are several excellent B&Bs in the village.
MARK REID is the author of 17 walking guidebooks including ‘The Inn Way’ series. He is a qualified Walking Group Leader, Hill & Moorland Leader and Mountain Leader, and has an unrivalled knowledge of the history and geography of the North of England. Mark has a BA (Hons) Geography degree from the University of Lancaster and is a Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society (FRGS). Mark Reid has walked over 21,000 miles of footpaths over the past 23 years, and has taken over 11,500 people out walking in the countryside. Mark has appeared on ITV YORKSHIRE on the TV walks series ‘A Breath of Fresh Air’ along with ITV weatherman Jon Mitchell, as well as ITV1’s The Dales.
EXPERIENCE & FITNESS
- No experience required. Full guidance will be given.
- All walks are tailored specifically for each group according to experience and average fitness levels. However, a reasonable level of fitness is required as the natural environment can be demanding at times.
- All walks will include uneven ground, rough terrain, stiles, stream crossings, fields, hills and valleys, tracks and lanes, as well as a number of ascents and descents; we may experience adverse weather conditions.
- We can provide full outdoor walking gear, including waterproof jackets, trousers, fleeces, rucksacks and gloves.
- We are fully insured (public, civil & professional indemnity insurance)
- All of our instructors are fully qualified and experienced Mountain Leaders
- So far, we have taken over 11,000 people out walking, and have a wealth of experience dealing with all ages and abilities.
- Part of the attraction of hill walking is the challenge of tackling different terrains, landscapes and weather conditions. Every effort is made to minimize potential hazards; however, the very nature of hill walking involves a certain level of unavoidable risk of accident and/or injury. By taking part in this activity, you are aware of and accept these risks.
- Terms and Conditions