CHRISTMAS PUB WALKS IN THE YORKSHIRE DALES
With Mark Reid FRGS – author of ‘The Inn Way’ guidebooks & Mountain Leader
This December why not enjoy a morning’s winter walk exploring the beautiful Yorkshire Dales with Mark Reid as your walking guide, and then return to a lovely country pub for a 2-course Christmas lunch?
Mark has exceptional local knowledge, and will share the history, heritage and geography with you whilst on the walk, with a mid-morning hot mulled punch and mince pies break on the hillside!
Our Christmas Pub Walks are leisurely, sociable, enjoyable and fun, topped off with Christmas lunch in a great country pub!
OUR 2022 CHRISTMAS WALK WILL BE BASED FROM…
The Red Lion, Burnsall, Wharfedale, Yorkshire Dales
The Red Lion is lovely old country inn that stands beside the River Wharfe and overlooks the village green. The cellars of this historic pub date from the 12th Century, whilst the original ‘one up, one down’ 16th Century building was a ferryman’s inn across the River Wharfe, which now forms the bar of this pub
YOUR GUIDE - MARK REID
MARK REID is the author of 17 walking guidebooks including ‘The Inn Way’ series. He is a qualified Walking Group Leader, Hill & Moorland Leader and Mountain Leader, and has an unrivalled knowledge of the history and geography of the North of England. Mark has a BA (Hons) Geography degree from the University of Lancaster and is a Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society (FRGS). Mark has walked over 25,000 miles of footpaths since 1997, and has taken over 14,000 people out walking in the countryside – he’s been an Outdoor Professional for 25 years! Mark has appeared on ITV YORKSHIRE on the TV walks series ‘A Breath of Fresh Air’ along with ITV weatherman Jon Mitchell, as well as ITV1’s The Dales.
For information about our other guides, please click here
EXPERIENCE & FITNESS
- No experience required. Full guidance will be given.
- All walks are tailored specifically for each group according to experience and average fitness levels. However, a reasonable level of fitness is required as the natural environment can be demanding at times.
- All walks will include uneven ground, rough terrain, stiles, stream crossings, fields, hills and valleys, tracks and lanes, as well as a number of ascents and descents; we may experience adverse weather conditions.
- We are fully insured (public, civil & professional indemnity insurance)
- All of our instructors are fully qualified and experienced Mountain Leaders
- So far, we have taken over 13,500 people out walking, and have a wealth of experience dealing with all ages and abilities.
- Part of the attraction of hill walking is the challenge of tackling different terrains, landscapes and weather conditions. Every effort is made to minimize potential hazards; however, the very nature of hill walking involves a certain level of unavoidable risk of accident and/or injury. By taking part in this activity, you are aware of and accept these risks.
- Terms and Conditions