Lakeland Mountain Adventure Weekend Nether Wasdale, Lake District
With Mark Reid author of ‘The Inn Way’ guidebooks & Mountain Leader
Spend an sociable, enjoyable and adventurous weekend walking some of Lakeland’s most iconic mountains, guided by experienced Mountain Leaders.
Discover little-known paths, adventurous routes, ridges and summits, taking you away from crowds and into a world of majestic mountains. Our routes will take us onto the mountains and fells that surround Wasdale including Scafell Pike, England’s highest mountain.
Relax in the evening at the Strands Inn (a classic Lakeland pub) with your fellow mountain walkers.
- Choice of guided mountain walks with fully qualified Mountain Leaders
- Experience the camaraderie of walking the Lakeland fells and mountains with like-minded walkers
- Share your sense of achievement on each summit and also at the end with your fellow walkers
- Small group sizes – maximum 8 people per Mountain Leader.
NETHER WASDALE, WESTERN LAKE DISTRICT
The weekend will be based at the Strands Inn, Nether Wasdale, in the beautiful western Lake District.The village offers a range of accommodation including two pubs, a hotel, camping barn, campsite and nearby Youth Hostel. Click image below.
OUTLINE OF THE WEEKEND
– Strands Inn
9pm onwards: Meet your instructors and fellow walkers to chat about the weekend over a pint in the Strands Inn, a lovely Lakeland pub.
If you can’t make Friday evening, we’ll meet at 9:15am on Saturday morning.
9:15am: Meet at Nether Wasdale for a chat about the day
9:30am – 5pm: Choice of guided mountain walks
8pm: Meet at the Strands Inn, Nether Wasdale to recount our day’s adventures
– Seatallan, Haycock & Steeple range
9:30am: Meet at Nether Wasdale for a chat about the day
9:45am – 5pm: Choice of guided mountain walks
Please note: The precise routes and mountains will be decided each day, given weather conditions and group needs. All walks will include mountainous terrain, steep ground and mountain summits; we may experience adverse weather conditions. Some walks may include Grade 1 scrambles. It may be necessary to drive a short distance to the starting points (car share).
MARK REID is the author of 17 walking guidebooks including ‘The Inn Way’ series. He is a qualified Walking Group Leader, Hill & Moorland Leader and Mountain Leader, and has an unrivalled knowledge of the history and geography of the North of England; he also has a BA (Hons) Geography degree from the University of Lancaster. Mark Reid has walked over 20,000 miles of footpaths over the 20 years, and has taken over 10,000 people out walking in the countryside. Mark has appeared on ITV YORKSHIRE on the TV walks series ‘A Breath of Fresh Air’ along with ITV weatherman Jon Mitchell, as well as ITV1’s The Dales.
EXPERIENCE, FITNESS & INFORMATION
- No experience is required as full guidance will be given.
- A reasonable level of fitness is required as the walks will be demanding and will include steep and mountainous terrain.
- All walks will include uneven ground, rough, rocky and mountainous terrain, stream crossings, wet/boggy ground, sustained ascents and descent, steep and exposed ground, possibly some Grade 1 scrambling and mountain summits; we may also experience adverse weather conditions.
- We can provide full outdoor walking gear, including waterproof jackets, trousers, fleeces, rucksacks, gloves and hats.
- We are fully insured (public, civil & professional indemnity insurance)
- All of our instructors are fully qualified and experienced Mountain Leaders
- So far, we have taken over 10,000 people out walking in the hills, and have a wealth of experience dealing with all ages and abilities.
- Part of the attraction of valley, hill and mountain walking is the challenge of tackling different terrains, landscapes and weather conditions. Every effort is made to minimize potential hazards; however, the very nature of hill and mountain walking involves a certain level of unavoidable risk of accident and/or injury. By taking part in this activity, you are aware of and accept these risks.
- Our walks are suitable for all ages. Under 18s (minimum age 14) may attend if accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The child must be accompanied at all times during the walk by their parent/legal guardian.
- Terms and Conditions