Coast to Coast Reunion Walking Weekend Yorkshire Dales
Exclusive walking weekend for TeamWalking’s Coast to Coast walkers!
Calling all Coast to Coast walkers!
Join us for our annual ‘Coast to Coast reunion walking weekend’ in one of the lovely villages or small towns along the route in either the Lake District, Yorkshire Dales or North York Moors.
Join Mark Reid and your fellow Coast to Coasters for a weekend of great walks, good laughs and pub evenings.
ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE…
- Friday evening ‘get-together’ at a village pub
- Guided walks on Saturday and Sunday with Mark Reid (Mountain Leader)
- Explore the geology, history & heritage of the surrounding area
- Saturday evening Pub Quiz Night, with a Coast to Coast theme!
Friday evening (9pm) – Meet at the village pub for our ‘get-together’ pub evening, where you can relax, socialise and meet up with your Coast to Coast friends.
Arriving early on Friday? Mark Reid will be eating at the pub at 7:30pm on Friday evening – you are most welcome to join us for a meal; just let us know so we can add you to our table.
Saturday evening (7:30pm) – Meal at the village pub or restaurant (optional), followed by a Coast to Coast themed Quiz Night! Prizes for the winning team.
Superb guided walks with Mark Reid (Mountain Leader) that showcase the very best of the beautiful landscapes in the area. The precise routes will be determined just before the weekend, taking into consideration weather conditions etc.
Saturday (9:30am) – An adventurous full day’s walk taking in valleys, hills and fells of the surrounding area. Return back to the pub late afternoon to recount your day’s adventures.
Sunday (10am) – A more leisurely walk, taking in the dales and lower hills. Return back to the pub mid afternoon for a final drink before bidding fond farewells…
YOUR GUIDE - MARK REID
MARK REID is the author of 17 walking guidebooks including ‘The Inn Way’ series. He is a qualified Walking Group Leader, Hill & Moorland Leader and Mountain Leader, and has an unrivalled knowledge of the history and geography of the North of England. Mark has a BA (Hons) Geography degree from the University of Lancaster and is a Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society (FRGS). Mark Reid has walked over 24,000 miles of footpaths over the past 24 years, and has taken over 13,000 people out walking in the countryside. Mark has appeared on ITV YORKSHIRE on the TV walks series ‘A Breath of Fresh Air’ along with ITV weatherman Jon Mitchell, as well as ITV1’s The Dales.
For information about our other guides, please click here
Experience & fitness
- This walking weekend is for people who have completed the Coast to Coast walk with TeamWalking or who have booked on to our Coast to Coast walk in the forthcoming year.
- A reasonable level of fitness is required as the natural environment can be demanding at times. All walks may include uneven ground, rough and rocky terrain, stiles, stream crossings, fields, valleys, moorland, hills, fells, mountains, pathless hillsides, paths and tracks, lanes and country roads as well as a number of ascents and descents; we may experience adverse weather conditions.
- We can provide full outdoor walking gear, including waterproof jackets, trousers, fleeces, rucksacks, gloves and hats. Please provide boots.
- We are fully qualified, insured and first aid trained Mountain Leaders
- So far, we have taken over 12,000 people walking in the countryside, and have a wealth of experience dealing with all ages and abilities.
- Part of the attraction of hill walking is the challenge of tackling different terrains, landscapes and weather conditions. Every effort is made to minimize potential hazards; however, the very nature of hill walking involves a certain level of unavoidable risk or accident and/or injury. By taking part in this activity, you are aware of and accept these risks.
- Over 18s – this walking weekend is designed for adults.
- Our full Terms and Conditions can be found here