Coast to Coast Reunion Walking Weekend Borrowdale, Lake District
Exclusive walking weekend for TeamWalking’s Coast to Coast walkers!
Calling all Coast to Coast walkers!
Join us for our annual ‘Coast to Coast reunion walking weekend’ in Borrowdale in the beautiful Lake District.
Join Mark Reid and your fellow Coast to Coasters for a weekend of great walks, good laughs and pub evenings.
ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE…
- Friday evening ‘get-together’ at the Glaramara Hotel
- Choice of guided walks on Saturday and Sunday with Mark Reid and Richard Duckworth (Mountain Leaders)
- Explore the geology, history & heritage of the surrounding area
- Saturday evening Quiz Night, with a Coast to Coast theme!
Friday evening (9pm) – Meet at the Glaramara Hotel for our ‘get-together’ pub evening, where you can relax, socialise and meet up with your Coast to Coast friends.
Saturday evening (7:30pm) – Meal at the Glaramara Hotel (optional), followed by a Coast to Coast themed Quiz Night!
Superb guided walks with Mark Reid (Mountain Leader) that showcase the very best of the beautiful landscapes in the area. The precise routes will be determined just before the weekend, taking into consideration weather conditions etc.
Saturday (9:30am) – Choice of adventurous or moderate full day’s walk taking in valleys, hills, fells and mountains of the surrounding area. Return back to the hotel late afternoon to recount your day’s adventures.
Sunday (10am) – Choice of moderate or leisurely walk, taking in the dales, hills and fells. Return back to the hotel mid afternoon for a final drink before bidding fond farewells…
YOUR GUIDE - MARK REID
MARK REID is the author of 17 walking guidebooks including ‘The Inn Way’ series. He is a qualified Walking Group Leader, Hill & Moorland Leader and Mountain Leader, and has an unrivalled knowledge of the history and geography of the North of England. Mark has a BA (Hons) Geography degree from the University of Lancaster and is a Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society (FRGS). Mark has walked over 25,000 miles of footpaths since 1997, and has taken over 14,000 people out walking in the countryside – he’s been an Outdoor Professional for 25 years! Mark has appeared on ITV YORKSHIRE on the TV walks series ‘A Breath of Fresh Air’ along with ITV weatherman Jon Mitchell, as well as ITV1’s The Dales.
For information about our other guides, please click here
Experience & fitness
- This walking weekend is for people who have completed the Coast to Coast walk with TeamWalking or who have booked on to our Coast to Coast walk in the forthcoming year.
- A reasonable level of fitness is required as the natural environment can be demanding at times. All walks may include uneven ground, rough and rocky terrain, stiles, stream crossings, fields, valleys, moorland, hills, fells, mountains, pathless hillsides, paths and tracks, lanes and country roads as well as a number of ascents and descents; we may experience adverse weather conditions.
- We can provide full outdoor walking gear, including waterproof jackets, trousers, fleeces, rucksacks, gloves and hats. Please provide boots.
- We are fully qualified, insured and first aid trained Mountain Leaders
- So far, we have taken over 14,000 people walking in the countryside, and have a wealth of experience dealing with all ages and abilities.
- Part of the attraction of hill walking is the challenge of tackling different terrains, landscapes and weather conditions. Every effort is made to minimize potential hazards; however, the very nature of hill walking involves a certain level of unavoidable risk or accident and/or injury. By taking part in this activity, you are aware of and accept these risks.
- Over 18s – this walking weekend is designed for adults.
- Our full Terms and Conditions can be found here