DEVELOP YOUR TEAM
in the Great Outdoors
Take your business to new heights with TeamWalking
“ We all had a great time, with lots of good conversations, these certainly would not have happened in a meeting room!” ARM Holdings
"We all had a great day. It really did help our team bond – two weeks later and we’re still talking about it." Capital One
"Thank you so much for organising our team orienteering event - it was such a great day! I have had the best feedback from any of my team building days. It really brought us all together and really helped break down work barriers. I will recommend you internally to colleagues and other PA's, as I really think this is a great team building day!” M&G Investments
"Mark ensured my team had a very productive day. His team building exercises were valuable and his knowledge of the local geography, flora and fauna really insightful. Thank you Mark for giving us a thoroughly enjoyable day, well done." Metro Bank
Inspirational outdoor team building and away days in areas such as the Yorkshire Dales, Lake District and Peak District that are enjoyable, sociable and inclusive.
We will bring your team closer together, with time to talk, think, share and reflect well away from the workplace.
Let us take you out for an inspirational walking adventure in beautiful countryside.
Walking in the countryside is a multi-sensory experience that clears your mind and allows escapism from the stresses of everyday life, which helps create a memorable day with long lasting results.
Our walking events are unique, and are tailored just for you. No artificial tasks, no planks and barrels - what we offer is genuine and real - where problem solving, decision making, creative thinking and resourcefulness will bring you together as a team to achieve your objectives, whilst surrounded by wonderful landscapes.
If the environment is right, the content will be remembered.
Environment - People learn and reflect better in the natural environment, with its sense of space and freedom.Inclusivity - Our walks are enjoyable, inclusive and achievable. It is about spending a day outdoors with your team, not how far you can walk in a day!
Share our Passion - we love the outdoors, and want to share our passion with you!
Natural World - Research shows that we have an innate affinity with nature and a need to be connected with it. Walking in the countryside can have positive effects on our psychological well-being. From journey sticks to the geology of the rocks, we will explore the natural environment to enhance your experience.
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
We will plant a tree in the Yorkshire Dales on your behalf!
Working with the Yorkshire Dales Millennium Trust, for every corporate booking, we will plant one deciduous tree in the Yorkshire Dales on your behalf, and send you a tree dedication certificate in your company's name.
Trees planted so far: 74
We will always discuss your requirements and objectives with you before the event, and then tailor the day accordingly.
9am: Meet at a country pub. Welcome over coffee and outline of the day. Objectives and expectations shared.
10am - 5pm: Full day out walking through beautiful countryside. The focus of the day will be about spending time with your work colleagues, engaging with the natural environment, taking time to think and reflect, enjoying the freedom of the hills.
Throughout the day there will be various tasks and activities that will focus on communication, collaboration and understanding - the Great Outdoors is the perfect place to facilitate this. There will be some navigation exercises during the day, as well as lots of discussions and activities designed to make you think. Other activities will focus on trust, values, observation, self reflection and team work. We will be on hand to observe team interactions and facilitate your experiential learning.
We always incorporate ‘ecotherapy’, which may include journey sticks, sense walking, natural treasure hunts etc. All of this is designed to get you more engaged with the natural world. We think better when we are moving and in the natural environment.
All of this whilst surrounded by beautiful landscapes!
5pm: Finish back at the pub for feedback, reflection and consolidation.
CHOOSE FROM THESE WALKING ADVENTURES
- All activities tailored specifically for your team.
- Bespoke days available - if it involves walking, we can do it!
- 1-day, 2-day or multi-day formats
Learn the skills you need to navigate across the dales, hills and moors, then put them into practice as a team. From low-level valley routes to the open moors of the Yorkshire Dales, we will arrange an achievable route just for you.
INSPIRATIONAL GUIDED WALKS
Experience the sense of space and light; enjoy a day of adventurous exploration; discover the remote hills and valleys - and share a full day with your colleagues whilst surrounded by inspirational landscapes. Uninterrupted time to chat, think, discuss and reflect.
ORIENTEERING TREASURE HUNT
A real team challenge - split into teams, your task is to navigate to various hard-to-find locations, with points to score and 'treasure' to find. Success will be dependent on good teamwork, strategy and communication, with time penalties if you're late. We provide maps and compasses.
Spend a more adventurous day amongst the mountains along classic mountain routes in the Lake District and Snowdonia, such as Helvellyn (via Striding Edge), Scafell Pike, the Langdale Pikes, Snowdon or Tryfan and the Glyders.
BACKPACKING OR WILD CAMPING (2 days)
Head to the hills for a true outdoor experience that is perfect for small management teams. Spend 2 days backpacking across the hills and mountains - then camp overnight in a remote valley site or, for the adventurous, wild camp high amongst the mountains. All camp kit provided.
Let us organise your charity challenge walk. We have lots of experience organising challenges, and would relish the opportunity of organising your event.
This is the inpsirational way to develop your business. Spend a morning or full day walking in beautiful countryside with your business colleagues, contacts and customers - and really build and develop your relationships with them!
We only use great country pubs in stunning locations, where we meet, eat and often stay. Choose from locations throughout the Yorkshire Dales, North York Moors, Peak District, Lake District, Snowdonia or wherever you would like to go walking.
Here are a selection of great pubs and hotels we regularly use:
Aysgarth Falls Hotel, Yorkshire Dales - click
Barbon Inn, Yorkshire Dales - click
CB Inn, Langthwaite, Yorkshire Dales - click
Horseshoe, Levisham, North York Moors - click
Inn at Hawnby, Hawnby, North York Moors - click
Lister Arms, Malham, Yorkshire Dales - click
New Inn, Clapham, Yorkshire Dales - click
Red Lion Inn, Burnsall, Yorkshire Dales - click
Swinton Park castle hotel, North Yorkshire - click
Woolpack Inn, Boot, Lake District - click
Yorkshire Bridge Inn, Peak District -click
FULL DAY - from £55 per person
- from £40 per person
- Tea/Coffee when we meet in the morning at a country pub (full day)
- Walking experience, with Mark Reid (Mountain Leader)
- Maps, compasses and other outdoor equipment for the day
- Use of our waterproof Berghaus gear if required
- TeamWalking Loyalty Reward scheme
- At least 1 deciduous tree planted in the Yorkshire Dales on your behalf
EXPERIENCE, FITNESS & GEAR
- No experience required. Full training and guidance will be given.
- All participants will be guided or shadowed at all times by Mountain Leaders.
- All walks are tailored specifically for each group according to your needs, aspirations, experience and fitness levels. However, a reasonable level of fitness is required as the natural environment can be demanding at times.
- The walks will include a mixture of terrain and landscapes with the potential for uneven ground, rough terrain, stiles, stream crossings, fields, moorland and hills, tracks and lanes, as well as a number of ascents and descents; we may experience adverse weather conditions.
- We can provide full BERGHAUS walking gear, including waterproof jackets, trousers, fleeces, rucksacks, gloves and hats.
- All guides are are fully qualified, insured and outdoor first aid trained (documents, certificates and Risk Assessments available upon request).
- So far, we have taken over 6,500 people out walking, and have a wealth of experience dealing with corporate clients as well as all ages and abilities.
- You must book and pay for any accommodation, food or travel (the 'service provided') directly yourself. The contract for the service provided is between the person making the booking and the service provider.
- Part of the attraction of valley, hill and mountain walking is the challenge of tackling different terrains, landscapes and weather conditions. Every effort is made to minimize potential hazards; however, the very nature of hill and mountain walking involves a certain level of unavoidable risk of accident and/or injury. By taking part in this activity, you are aware of and accept these risks.
ALL PHOTOS ON THIS PAGE WERE TAKEN ON TEAMWALKING EVENTS