Yorkshire Three Peaks
guided challenge walk
With Mark Reid
author of 'The Inn Way' guidebooks & Mountain Leader
Whernside - Ingleborough - Pen y Ghent
25 miles - 1,600 m ascent - 12 hours
You raise the money - we guide you round the Yorkshire Three Peaks, one of England's greatest challenge walks that is truly a challenge, covering 40-km, 1,600m of ascent in 12 hours of walking!
It is a demanding, strenuous walk that must be approached with several weeks of training, preparation and planning, but it is also an extremely rewarding walk that will be remembered for many years. The views from the summits are breath-taking, and the landscapes you will be walking across are stunning.
Mark Reid has walked the Yorkshire Three Peaks as a single day challenge walk numerous times and knows the area like the back of his hand. Mark will guide you around this route (all 40-km of it), so that you can forget about navigating your way round and concentrate on raising money for your chosen charity instead!
This guided Yorkshire Three Peaks walk is designed for solo or small groups of walkers who want to take on the Three Peaks challenge, but don't want to worry about route finding.
- Fully guided walk with two Mountain Leaders, including Mark Reid
- Experience the comaraderie of walking the Three Peaks with other like-minded walkers
- Share your sense of achievement on each summit and also at the end with your fellow walkers
- Raise money for your own chosen charity
- Small group sizes - maximum 16 people per walk (two guides)
- You are GUARANTEED not to get lost on our guided Three Peaks walk!
6.45am: Meet at Ribblehead
7am - 7pm: Fully guided walk around the Yorkshire Three Peaks
7pm: Well deserved celebratory drink at the Station Inn, Ribblehead
NB: As we will be walking as a group, the finish time is approximate and may be anytime between 6pm and 9pm (11 to 14 hours of walking) depending on the pace of the group, weather conditions etc.
ONLYfor the full day
- Full details of what to wear and bring, and what to expect along the walk
- Training Plan
- Fully guided walk around the Yorkshire Three Peaks, with two Mountain Leaders, including Mark Reid
- Completers Certificate and Medal upon completion
- Use of our Berghaus gear if required.
- TeamWalking Loyalty Reward scheme
NB: Please provide a packed lunch, lots of snack food and plenty of water for this walk, as well as a good pair of walking boots. Two Mountain Leaders dependent on there being over 8 participants. Over 18s - our events are designed for adults.
Please see the Walk Overview for full details of what to wear, bring and general advice about walking the Yorkshire Three Peaks.
CHARITY CHALLENGE WALK
You may wish to raise money for your chosen charity.
We provide the guiding services for the walk so you can concentrate on raising money for charity. It is not essential that you raise money - you are more than welcome to complete this challenge walk for your own enjoyment.
You can create an online fundraising profile using these popular Fundraising Websites:
Mark Reid is the author of 17 walking guidebooks including 'The Inn Way' series. He is a qualified Walking Group Leader and Mountain Leader, and has an unrivalled knowledge of the history and geography of the North of England. Mark Reid has walked over 16,000 miles of footpaths over the last decade. Mark has also appeared on ITV YORKSHIRE on the monthly TV walks series 'A Breath of Fresh Air' along with ITV weatherman Jon Mitchell, as well as ITV1's The Dales. Mark will be joined by an additional qualified Mountain Leader for this walk (group size of more than 8).
Experience, fitness & information - Yorkshire Three Peaks
- No previous hill-walking experience is required as full guidance will be given.
- This is a long distance challenge walk that covers 40-km in a single day, with 1,600m of ascent that is usually completed in 12 hours, although it may take anywhere between 11 and 14 hours to complete. It is a long, strenuous and demanding walk, with boggy, steep and mountainous terrain in places as well as high ground across three mountain summits (Pen-y-ghent 694m; Whernside 736m and Ingleborough 724m).
- Training and preparation for this long distance challenge walk are essential. A reasonable level of fitness and stamina will be required to complete this walk.
- Successful completion of this walk will depend upon your own level of fitness, stamina and preparation, as well as good fitting boots and no minor injuries along the walk, such as blisters, pulled muscles or sore knees etc. By taking part in this guided walk, you understand and accept the risks involved in undertaking a long distance mountain challenge walk. Participation of this guided walk is no guarantee of successful completion.
- We can provide full BERGHAUS walking gear, including waterproof jackets, trousers, fleeces, rucksacks, gloves and hats.
- We are fully insured (public, civil & professional indemnity insurance)
- All of our instructors are fully qualified and experienced Mountain Leaders
- So far, we have taken over 6,500 people out walking, and have a wealth of experience dealing with all ages and abilities.
- Part of the attraction of valley, hill and mountain walking is the challenge of tackling different terrains, landscapes and weather conditions. Every effort is made to minimize potential hazards; however, the very nature of hill and mountain walking involves a certain level of unavoidable risk of accident and/or injury. By taking part in this activity, you are aware of and accept these risks.
Over 18s - our courses are designed for adults
- Terms and Conditions