2-day Walking Weekend experiences with Mark Reid, author of 'The Inn Way'
A journey of exploration and discovery
WEEKEND DATES - Yorkshire Dales
18th / 19th May 2013 - Yorkshire Dales (stages 3 & 4) - FULLY BOOKED
13th / 14th July 2013 - Yorkshire Dales (stages 3 & 4) - FULLY BOOKED
PRICE PER PESON
ONLY £59 per person for the 2 days
2-day guided walking weekend with Mark Reid, author of 'The Inn Way' guidebooks.
- Detailed interpretation of the history, heritage, folklore, geology and geography to bring the landscape alive.
- A visit to some of England's finest country pubs.
- Tea/coffee when we meet on Saturday morning
- Signed copy of 'The Inn Way' guidebook
- Baggage transfer
- Pub Quiz on Saturday night
- Use of our Berghaus gear, if required
- 15% discount at Cotswold Outdoor (in-store and online)*
- £10 TeamWalking discount voucher for use against future courses*
NB: Numbers limited to 12, over 18s only. You will need to organise your own transport, accommodation, as well as provide your own meals. All participants must provide their own walking boots. * Vouchers will be issued on the course
AVAILABILITY & BOOKING
NB: Once payment has been made, please complete a Booking Form and return to us
Yorkshire Dales - click HERE
THE INN WAY ... TO THE YORKSHIRE DALES
This walking weekend is a 2-day circular walk between Askrigg, Reeth and back to Askrigg in the Yorkshire Dales, which includes baggage transfer between Askrigg and Reeth.
DAY ONE: 13 miles (Askrigg to Reeth)
9am: Meet at Askrigg for pre-walk cup of coffee
9:30am: Set off on our walk to Reeth via Gunnerside and Swaledale
1pm: Lunch at Gunnerside
6pm: Arrive at Reeth
8pm: Meal together at the Buck Hotel, followed by a pub quiz
DAY TWO: 12 miles (Reeth to Askrigg)
9:30am: Set off on our walk back to Askrigg via Bolton Castle and Aysgarth Falls
1pm: Lunch at the Bolton Castle or Aysgarth Falls
5pm: arrive back at Askrigg
There will be plenty of rest stops throughout the day to admire the spectacular views, talk about the fascinating history or simply soak up the magnificent surroundings. We will start walking on both days at around 9:30am, and finish at around 5:30pm.
Askrigg and Reeth offer a choice of hotels, pubs and B&Bs - see here for more detailsNo experience is required as full guidance will be given, however, as we'll be walking for around 25 miles over 2 days you'll need to be reasonably fit and used to full day walks, as well as multi-day walking.
YOUR GUIDE - MARK REID, author of The Inn Way
Mark Reid is the author of 17 walking guidebooks including 'The Inn Way' series. He is a qualified Walking Group Leader and Mountain Leader, and has an unrivalled knowledge of the history and geography of the North of England. Mark Reid has walked over 12,000 miles of footpaths over the last decade. Mark also appears on ITV YORKSHIRE on the monthly TV walks series 'A Breath of Fresh Air' along with ITV weatherman Jon Mitchell, and recently appeared on ITV1's The Dales.
Experience & fitness:
- No experience required. Full guidance will be given.
- As we will be walking for around 25 miles over 2 days, you will need to be reasonably fit and used to full day walks as well as multi-day walking.
- We can provide full BERGHAUS walking gear, including waterproof jackets, trousers, fleeces, rucksacks, gloves and hats.
- We are fully insured (public, civil & professional indemnity insurance)
- All of our instructors are fully qualified and experienced Mountain Leaders
- So far, we have taken over 400 groups out walking (over 3,000 people), and have a wealth of experience dealing with all ages and abilities.