1-day Guided Mountain Walks
Helvellyn, Lake District
With Mark Reid
author of 'The Inn Way' guidebooks & Mountain Leader
Walk to the summit of Helvellyn (950m) via the famous aretes of Striding Edge and Swirral Edge
Reach the summit of Helvellyn - one of england's best loved mountains - with an experienced Mountain Leader. The walk will take in the classic aretes of Striding Edge and Swirral Edge, following one of England's finest mountain horseshoe walks to the summit of Helvellyn.
Experience the thrill of the mountains, with spectacular views, dramatic landscapes and a real sense of achievement as you reach the summit.
- Experience the thrill of the mountains
- Walk in confidence with a Mountain Leader
- Learn new mountain skills along the way
- Small group sizes (max. 6 per walk)
- Enjoy a full day's walking along a classic mountain route
9:30am: Meet at Glenridding to discuss the day ahead
10am - 5pm: Full day's mountain walk (approx. 10 miles)
5pm: Head to a local pub to recount the day's adventures!
ONLYfor the full day
- Full days' mountain walking with a Mountain Leader
- Use of our Berghaus gear if required.
- TeamWalking Loyalty Reward scheme
NB: Please provide a packed lunch and your own walking boots. Mark will provide all other necessary mountaineering equipment. The walks do NOT include climbing or the planned use of ropes. Over 18s - our courses are designed for adults.
Mark Reid is the author of 17 walking guidebooks including 'The Inn Way' series. He is a qualified Walking Group Leader and Mountain Leader, and has an unrivalled knowledge of the history and geography of the North of England. Mark Reid has walked over 16,000 miles of footpaths over the last decade. Mark has also appeared on ITV YORKSHIRE on the monthly TV walks series 'A Breath of Fresh Air' along with ITV weatherman Jon Mitchell, as well as ITV1'sThe Dales.
- Some experience of hill walking is preferable as this is a full day's mountain walk, although full training and guidance will be given.
- A reasonable level of fitness is required as the walks will be demanding and will include steep and mountainous terrain.
- All walks will include uneven ground, rough and mountainous terrain, stream crossings, steep ground and mountain summits; we may experience adverse weather conditions.
- The walk will include a prolonged section of scrambling (hands on rock) along the exposed ridges (Grade 1) of Striding Edge and Swirral Edge in the Lake District, and so a good head for heights is required.
- We can provide full BERGHAUS walking gear, including waterproof jackets, trousers, fleeces, rucksacks, gloves and hats.
- We are fully insured (public, civil & professional indemnity insurance)
- All of our instructors are fully qualified and experienced Mountain Leaders
- So far, we have taken over 6,500 people out walking, and have a wealth of experience dealing with all ages and abilities.
- Part of the attraction of valley, hill and mountain walking is the challenge of tackling different terrains, landscapes and weather conditions. Every effort is made to minimize potential hazards; however, the very nature of hill and mountain walking involves a certain level of unavoidable risk. of accident and/or injury By taking part in this activity, you are aware of and accept these risks.
Over 18s - our courses are designed for adults
- Terms and Conditions