Christmas Pub Walks
in the Yorkshire Dales
With Mark Reid
author of 'The Inn Way' guidebooks & Mountain Leader
This December why not enjoy a morning's winter walk exploring the beautiful Yorkshire Dales with Mark Reid as your walking guide, and then return to a lovely Dales country pub for a 2-course Christmas lunch?
Mark has exceptional local knowledge, and will share the history, heritage and geography with you whilst on the walk, with a mid-morning hot mulled punch & mince pies break on the hillside!
Our Christmas Pub Walks are leisurely, sociable, enjoyable and fun, topped off with Christmas lunch in a great country pub!
- Welcome tea & coffee (9am)
- Enjoyable and informative guided walk with Mark Reid (9am - 1:30pm)
- Mince pies and hot punch break "on the hillside"
- 2-course Christmas lunch, including crackers (turkey & all the trimmings followed by Christmas pudding)
- Use of our Berghaus gear if required.
- TeamWalking Loyalty Reward scheme
The day will begin at 9am with a complementary tea or coffee at the village pub, before we set out for a leisurely 6-mile walk through the Yorkshire Dales, with a mince pie and mulled hot punch break on the hillside! We will return to the village pub at around 1:30pm for our 2-course Christmas lunch (vegetarian option available).
All participants must provide their own walking boots. Over 18s only.
Our Xmas walks are based from...
PRICE PER PERSON
per person for the day
Mark Reid is the author of 17 walking guidebooks including 'The Inn Way' series. He is a qualified Walking Group Leader and Mountain Leader, and has an unrivalled knowledge of the history and geography of the North of England. Mark Reid has walked over 16,000 miles of footpaths over the last decade. Mark has also appeared on ITV YORKSHIRE on the monthly TV walks series 'A Breath of Fresh Air' along with ITV weatherman Jon Mitchell, as well as ITV1's The Dales.
Experience & fitness:
- No experience required. Full guidance will be given.
- All walks are tailored specifically for each group according to experience and average fitness levels. However, a reasonable level of fitness is required as the natural environment can be demanding at times.
- All walks will include uneven ground, rough terrain, stiles, stream crossings, fields, hills and valleys, tracks and lanes, as well as a number of ascents and descents; we may experience adverse weather conditions.
- We can provide full BERGHAUS walking gear, including waterproof jackets, trousers, fleeces, rucksacks and gloves.
- We are fully insured (public, civil & professional indemnity insurance)
- All of our instructors are fully qualified and experienced Mountain Leaders
- So far, we have taken over 6,500 people out walking, and have a wealth of experience dealing with all ages and abilities.
- Part of the attraction of hill walking is the challenge of tackling different terrains, landscapes and weather conditions. Every effort is made to minimize potential hazards; however, the very nature of hill walking involves a certain level of unavoidable risk of accident and/or injury. By taking part in this activity, you are aware of and accept these risks.
Over 18s - our courses are designed for adults
- Terms and Conditions