Gift Vouchers Navigation Skills courses
Yorkshire Dales & Lake District
Choose from these outdoor skills courses...
- 2-day Mountain Navigation Skills weekends - Lake District
- 1-day Compass Skills courses - Yorkshire Dales
- 1-day Map Reading courses for walkers - Yorkshire Dales
We teach hill and navigation skills to Natural England's land advisers.
National Navigation Award Scheme
Get the skills you need to navigate across the Lakeland fells
Learn new hill and moorland skills in the Yorkshire Dales
Learn new skills in the Yorkshire Dales
Learn new skills in the South Pennines
This 1-day Map Reading course is ideal for beginners
Mark Reid (right above) is the author of 17 walking guidebooks including 'The Inn Way' series. He is a qualified Walking Group Leader and Mountain Leader and has an unrivalled knowledge of the history and geography of the North of England. Mark Reid has walked over 12,000 miles of footpaths over the last decade. Mark appears on ITV YORKSHIRE on the monthly TV walks series 'A Breath of Fresh Air' along with ITV weatherman Jon Mitchell, and recently appeared on ITV1's 'The Dales'. Mark teaches hill and navigation skills to Natural England's land advisors.
MVO (left above) is a qualified Mountain Leader and Personal Development Trainer with a wealth of experience. During 16 years in the Royal Navy he worked for The Royal Family, served as the Propulsion Officer of HMS Ark Royal and conducted aid work in Nepal and Montserrat. He has trained senior managers in Banks and Oil Companies globally.
Experience & fitness:
- No experience required. Full training and guidance will be given.
- All walks are tailored specifically for each group according to your needs, aspirations, experience and average fitness levels.
- We can provide full BERGHAUS walking gear, including waterproof jackets, trousers, fleeces, rucksacks, gloves and hats.
- We are fully insured (public, civil & professional indemnity insurance)
- All of our instructors are fully qualified and experienced Mountain Leaders
- So far, we have taken over 400 groups out walking (over 3,000 individuals), and have a wealth of experience dealing with all ages and abilities.